Jumpstart Deluxe Class
Offered: Saturdays, February 25, March 11, 25, April 8 ~ 9am to 4pm
The most popular of our digital photography classes, our DSLR Jumpstart Deluxe class is ideal for the new camera owner as well as the current owner who is aching for more control and better photos.
This camera class helps you learn how to use your camera’s light meter for creative exposure control, white balance for accurate color, in-depth Auto Focus features for tack-sharp photos, and on-camera flash technique for professional quality fill-lighting.
We demystify your camera for three hours in the morning, take a lunch break and then come back for three more hours in the afternoon. The day offers a thoughtfully paced, six hours of instruction, demos, exercises and answering questions along the way. In this small class, no student is left behind!
As in The Jumpstart Evening Class, we show you how to do the following on your camera:
• The “Way to Shoot” digital photographs
• Understand camera operation and interface
• The best camera menu settings for different subjects
• How to control exposure in Manual mode
• The fundamentals of accurate focus control
• Observe the quality of light
• Control white balance for accurate color
• Set your flash power settings for great results in soft indoor light to strong outdoor sun
• Compose a photograph
For improved learning, we limit our class size to 6 people.
Please note this workshop teach the DSLR camera. You need one of these cameras to participate in a class. Please read the sidebar » “What is a DSLR/M?” to determine if you have the right camera for this class.