Jumpstart Deluxe Class
Offered: Saturdays, October 1 and 22, November 12, December 10 ~ 9am to 4pm
The most popular of our digital photography classes, our DSLR Jumpstart Deluxe class is ideal for the new camera owner as well as the current owner who is aching for more control and better photos.
In this engaging, hands-on digital camera class, we explain the qualities of excellent photographs and the most important functions on your DSLR camera that a professional photographer uses to achieve these qualities.
This camera class helps you learn how to use your camera’s light meter for creative exposure control, white balance for accurate color, in-depth Auto Focus features for tack-sharp photos, and on-camera flash technique for professional quality fill-lighting.
We demystify your camera for three hours in the morning, take a lunch break and then come back for three more hours in the afternoon. The day offers a thoughtfully paced, six hours of instruction, demos, exercises and answering questions along the way. In this small class, no student is left behind!
As in The Jumpstart Evening Class, we show you how to do the following on your camera:
• The “Way to Shoot” digital photographs
• Understand camera operation and interface
• The best camera menu settings for different subjects
• How to control exposure in Manual mode
• The fundamentals of accurate focus control
• Observe the quality of light
• Control white balance for accurate color
• Set your flash power settings for great results in soft indoor light to strong outdoor sun
• Compose a photograph